LangOER webinar: Open Educational Resources for less used languages in an increasingly digital culture
The LangOER network invite anyone who is interested in less used languages to participate in a free webinar on 19 September 2014 14:00-15:00 (Central European Time).
The following questions will be discussed in the webinar called “Open Educational Resources (OER) for less used languages in an increasingly digital everyday culture: What are the challenges and how will we tackle them?”
- What is the future for less used languages online?
- How can online resources be an effective tool to preserve less used languages?
Sign up for free (video conference): http://tiny.cc./September19
Kate Borthwick, University of Southampton, UK
Anna-Comas Quinn, The Open University, UK
Sylvi Vigmo, University of Gothenburg, Sweden
Chair: Alastair Creelman, Linneus University, Sweden
What will you learn?
– The status of OER in less used languages in Europe
– Some current strategic projects working going on that deal with OER
– How OER can be used as a resource in teaching and learning of languages
Follow LangOER network
- Twitter #LangOER
- Slideshare LangOER
- Mendeley LangOER: OER and languages
- Diigo Group Best content in OER and languages
- Facebook LangOER Teachers group
(The LangOER project is supported by the European Union’s Lifelong Learning Programme. This communication is the sole responsibility of the Consortium Members and it does not represent the opinion of the European Union and the European Union is not responsible or liable for any use that might be made of information contained herein.)