#BeOpen Twitter chat
As part of the ‘Promise of Open Education‘ conference we are hosting a twitter chat in conjunction with our panel session on #BeOpen, Being open: Learning from each other. You can follow the chat using the hashtag #BeOpen or you can participate by following the instructions below. We will be highlighting the answers during the conference and afterwards on Storify.
When is it?
We will be LIVE on Monday 11th September from 2.55pm-3.25pm (UK time).
How does it work?
It’s a Twitter chat we run from our OEPScotland Twitter account, which you can follow using the hashtag #BeOpen. We’ll be discussing lots of questions about open education.
The questions will be asked, one every 5 minutes from 2.55pm. Remember to include ‘A1’ in your answer for Q1 and so on for all seven questions. Tag your answer with #BeOpen so that your comments can be seen by everyone following the chat.
An example is: ‘A1 The promise of open education is that it can widen & democratise access to education. #BeOpen’
What are the questions?
The questions are:
- What does the promise of open education mean to you?
- What do you do to #BeOpen in your work?
- Why should people engage in open education?
- What are the benefits and challenges of open educational practices?
- What more needs to be done to ensure that developments in open education support widening participation and social justice?
- Is there a particular website, blog or resource that you have found valuable in your journey with OpenEd?
- How would you encourage others to engage more in open educational practices?