Developing open practice
Developing open practice is a half-day workshop to support groups and organisations that are interested in thinking about the use of OER in their own context. The workshop uses design thinking to support a close and structured look at the learner journey. The workshop has five sections:
- Introduction to Design Thinking
- Introducing some approaches to Learning Design
- Understanding Your Learner
- Designing a Learning Journey
- Building a Learning Journey
Possible outcomes from the workshop include:
- A decision that ‘open education’ is not an appropriate option for your organisation at this point in time.
- Ideas that could lead after further work to the design of context specific practice that supports the use of curated OER (OER that are already available).
- Ideas that could lead after further work to the design of context specific practice and the creation and/or reversioning of OER.
The workshop pack is available for reuse and licensed for revising, remixing and redistributing. Please share back how you’ve used it.